1) It is not allowed for the active player (who explains a word at the moment) to name consonant words
Also, it is not allowed to name words with common morphemes, explicitly informing or hinting at the same time. 2) It is not allowed to use words which do not exist in English.
The reason is that such words, together with the hidden and, possibly, additional letters, could form an existing word.
For example, one cannot say "pipe..." (for "line") - since together they form a "pipeline". 3) The player cannot in any way appeal to the letters and syllables of the word.
For example, it is not allowed to say "the first letter is the same as that of ...", "remove the last four letters", "a word of three syllables", etc.). 4) It is also forbidden to appeal to the shape of the letter
For example, it is not allowed to say "round prefix", "in the middle like a cross").
However, it is allowed to appeal to parts of the word without specifying their size:
- "change the beginning of the word", "
- the middle is like the word that ...",
- as well as to morphemes: "change the ending", "take the prefix, like my last name" etc
5) When explaining, it is also forbidden to convey any information by facial expressions or gestures.